Price: $0.01 per word
We specialize in Romance, novels with strong romantic elements, and Erotica (dark & light).
Genre We Accept
We will accept the following types of projects, whether it’s panty melting hot, erotic, or closed-door and sweet:
- Contemporary Romance
- Historical romance
- Paranormal and Fantasy Romance
- Urban Fantasy
- Science Fiction
- New Adult
- Romantic Suspense and Mystery
What You Get
- You get at least 2 passes, of a Developmental Edit, and a Line Edit, done by separate editors.
- The first pass covers Editorial feedback on plot and characterization, pacing and information dump, goals and motivations, story and character themes, and beats.
- The second pass covers grammar, punctuation, repetitive word choices, overused clichés, point of view slips, logical development of information, dialogue problems, reactions and cues, scene structures, misplaced modifiers, and general issues of clarity.
- We also point out grammar, punctuation, typos, repetition, unnecessary padding to your prose, errors of fact, and also general issues of logic.
How it Works
- Just email us via contacts or the get started link below expressing your interest and we will respond to you within 48 hours with the next steps.
- Typically, a “what you can expect letter” detailing turnaround time, available dates for your project, the name of your editors etc…, and an invoice for the price of the full MS will be sent to you. If you wish an editor will critique the first ten (10) pages (line edits only) using Track Changes and the Comment feature in Microsoft Word, so you may have a sample of our quality of work.
- If you choose not to utilize AuthorsDesigns services, the ten-page sample edits are yours free of cost! Please keep in mind that the Ten (10) page sample will not reflect our full 2 Pass Edit, but should give you an idea of the quality you can expect from us.
- Once the invoice is paid in full, we will schedule your project for the date mentioned in the ‘what you can expect’ letter. If no payment or email communication is received within 10 days, the invoice will be canceled.
What You Should Know
- It is important to note that while our editors make suggestions based on their expertise, you as the author have the final say on what goes into the final book.
- All edits will be done through Microsoft Word’s track change feature, and questions and suggestions will be given via the program’s comment feature, so you have control over what goes into the final book, and have the power to accept or reject Line Edits and Copy Edits.
- We recommend that you have an experienced critique partner review your MS before submission. The stronger your manuscript is when we receive it, the stronger it will be when we are finished with it.
- We reserve the right to decline any submitted MS.